FAQ Page

Statutory Declaration

1. Where do I get a Statutory Declaration (Stat Dec) form?

Visit the Department of Justice Victoria website and follow the links to download a blank Statutory Declaration Form.

2. Who completes the Statutory Declaration form?

You do, as you are making the statement.

3. Do I sign the Statutory Declaration before I see a Justice of the Peace?

No, the Justice of the Peace needs to witness you signing the Statutory Declaration.

4. How does the Justice of the Peace know it’s me completing the Statutory Declaration?

You will be asked to provide a photographic form of identification e.g. Driver’s Licence, Passport or a Working with Children Card.

5. Can my wife sign my Statutory Declaration if she has my Driver’s Licence?

Clearly no, it’s your Statutory Declaration, not your wife’s.