FAQ Page

Proof of Life Documents

1. Will a Justice of the Peace witness my “Proof of Life Document” the Homeland Government has sent to me?

That will depend on the requirements of the authorities. Depending on the country, you may need to have your document completed by a Consular Official or Notary Public.

2. What do I need to bring with me?

You need to bring the document sent to you plus a photographic form of identification e.g. Drivers Licence, Passport or a Working with Children Card.

3. What happens if my parents cannot get to a Document Signing Centre?

Visit the Department of Justice Victoria website to find a Justice of the Peace or call the Honorary Justice Office on 1300 365 567 to locate a Justice of the Peace in your area to make arrangements to attend a suitable location.